Military Wreck Dive - Certification Needed
During this Wreck Dive in Cancun you will explore the remains of Lieutenant C-55 Juan de la Barrera, which was sunk in 2000 to help the local reefs and marine life in the Cancun-Isla Mujeres National Park.
- Full-quality diving equipment
- 1 – 35 minutes dive: Lieutenant C-55 Juan de la Barrera
- 1 – 45 minutes dive: Coral Reefs
- Boat ride to dive site
- Guide and crew
- Water on board
- All entrance and legal fees
- Transportation to the meeting point *Contact to quote.
- Professional photography 85 USD *ONLY WITH PRIOR RESERVATION
- Wetsuit rental 10 USD
Meeting point: Marina AquaFun Cancun
To book this adventure you must be Open Water certified (or equivalent). If you’re not certified you can still dive! Check out Diving Lessons.
About C-55 Juan de la Barrera
In October 2000, the Mexican Navy ship C-55 Juan de la Barrera was sunk off Cancun to provide refuge for marine life and as a diving attraction. Although Hurricane Wilma almost destroyed the site, the wreck is still today a great dive site due to the migration of spotted eagle rays, barracudas, nurse sharks, jacks, eels, sardines, groupers, and many other marine species that call the wreck home.